What We Collect
Abricto collects personal and impersonal information from our users:
Personal Information – Users are often required to offer personally identifiable information including but not limited to name, email address, phone number, physical address, and other contact information. These requests will be made when creating an account, confirming an account, onboarding activities, onboarding portal Users, and when otherwise requesting services from Abricto. You may also be asked to submit this information when opting into mailing lists, downloads, when requesting a demo, starting a free trial, or otherwise requesting a service. We reserve the right to occasionally request additional information, either for security and verification purposes (in which case, compliance is mandatory for continued usage of our services), or optional requests, which you can opt out of. In some cases, failure to provide personal information may hinder your ability to utilize our services.
Personal information is utilized for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Abricto Security Client Portal, at our sole discretion, to provide services that you agree to. To achieve this end, we may aggregate user data to analyze trends, benchmark best practices, and monitor functionality of the website and services, with the intent of improving them
- To contact users with the intent of discussing Abricto or its services, including sharing information relating to the Abricto Security Client Portal, your account and services, and more. You may opt out of receiving email newsletters or correspondence of any kind, but will still receive critical notifications relating to your account. We reserve the right to outsource this communication to third parties. You will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving newsletters during signup and can opt out at any time via a newsletter or from your account.
- To bill customers for services requested, typically via email invoice.
- To offer assistance relating to Abricto accounts, users, or information.
- To comply with legal processes or law enforcement requests
- To conduct or transact business as you have contracted us to do, as we, in our sole subjective discretion, deem reasonable
- You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any emails or correspondence by clicking “unsubscribe” in an email, or via your user account. Any opt out is not deemed valid until processed by Abricto, meaning that you may continue to receive emails in the interim. Abricto is not liable for problems with the opt-out process. You are solely responsible for verifying that you are opted out of any correspondence.
Non-Personal Information – Abricto collects and uses non-personal information. This information includes any information not covered under “Personal Information” and/or does not identify the individual. This information includes but is not limited to application usage information, IP address, search terms entered, ads clicked, browser and operating system, user interactions on the website and portal, web pages visited by the user, user interaction with features, user content preferences and configuration, etc.
This information is not gathered with the intent to identify any user. It is used to:
- Develop the website and application based on user data and behavior
- Analyze user patterns to improve UX
- To generate visitor behavior statistics
Abricto utilizes Google Analytics. For more information about this third-party service and how Google Analytics uses your data, visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
The Abricto Security Client Portal is not configured to respond to DNT or “do not track” signals from web browsers.
Abricto does not knowingly collect or utilize information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not utilize the website or connected services.
Third Party Websites
Abricto offers third-party integrations and services as part of our service. This means that any user on our site will have access to third-party applications, services, and organizations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third parties. It is your sole responsibility to review and check the privacy policies of any third parties, even if they are linked to on our site or offer services through our site.
Cookies & Logs
Abricto also automatically creates server logs from your browser. This information includes your web request, Internet Protocol Address (IP), browser type, browser language, date and time of request, associated cookies, and sometimes operating system.
Disclosure of User Information to Third Parties
Abricto reserves the right to disclose information provided by users, including personal information, as follows:
Disclosure by Law – We may disclose personal or impersonal information if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we (at our sole discretion), believe the request is reasonable. This includes but is not limited to:
- Requests made by law enforcement or any legal process, whether or not disclosure is required by applicable law
- Actions to protect or defend Abricto’s or a third party’s rights or property
- To protect someone’s health or safety, including your own
Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers – The Abricto Security Client Portal integrates with third-party service providers to A) provide services at your request and B) provide services on our behalf. This may include outsourced customer care agents, outsourced email services, and outsourced helplines. We also reserve the right to provide these services in-house. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by any such service providers and will not be used for any purpose other than what we authorize.
You may also choose to opt into using third-party services through our platform, including app integrations via our API marketplace or service providers who have invited you to the platform. Abricto is not liable for these third-party privacy policies.
Data/Information Transfer as a Result of Sale of Business – In the event that Abricto or the Abricto Security Client Portal is involved in a sale of business, we reserve the right to sell or transfer all user information, including personal information, as part of any such transaction. This includes but is not limited to bankruptcy, mergers, acquisitions, reorganization, or sale of assets.
Abricto utilizes a security policy including encrypted data transfer, Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure, and secure servers to protect your personal data.
It is important to note that data is transported over open networks including the Internet and email. Such data may be accessible to anyone depending on the security of connecting networks and hardware. Abricto takes every reasonable measure to prevent this from happening on servers and networks in our control. However, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted over the Internet.
This is important in regards to personal information and communication. For example, individual data packets are encrypted, but the sender name and recipient are not. A third-party may be able to trace users to bank accounts, to subsequent fiscal actions, and to personal data.
Your data may be lost during transmission and may be accessed by unauthorized parties. Abricto is not liable for direct or indirect losses in regards to your Personal Information or data during its transfer via the Internet. If you feel there is a risk involved, please utilize other forms of communication when sending sensitive information.
User accounts and other sensitive application areas are fully encrypted and password protected. These areas can only be accessed with a valid username and password. Each user is responsible for keeping their login credentials safe. Abricto is not responsible for misuse of password information. If you suspect login information has been stolen or misused, notify Abricto immediately to request changes to your account.
The Abricto Security Client Portal is hosted in the Netherlands in compliance with the GDPR and other relevant laws. If you are accessing the Abricto Security Client Portal from outside the European Union, please note that you are transferring data to EU servers. User ignoration including Personal Information will be transferred to and stored in our servers, according to EU law, and without regard to any laws relevant in your domicile country. By using the Abricto Security Client Portal, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your home country.